REVIEW: MELANO CC VITAMIN C BRIGHTENING GEL


Melano CC is Japan’s Vitamin C skincare brand by Rohto Mentholaum which is famous for its Vit.C Brightening Essence that sustains the NO.1 Whitening Essence in Japan for 4 continuous years. Now they have introduced a new Vitamin C Brightening Gel, a moisturizer formulated with Vitamin C, Fruits extracts, and Deep Penetration Technology to brighten dull skin. It's purpose is to even out skin tone, fight dark spots, lighten pimple marks and minimize pores while keeping the skin hydrated all for a radiantly brighter, youthful skin. Sounds tempting right? Read on to know my thoughts on this.

The Melano CC Vitamin C Brightening Gel is infused with Vitamin C and E derivatives that work hand in hand to lighten dark spots, reduce redness and soothe skin for healthy glowing skin from the inside out. Moreover, its Deep Penetration Technology also includes high-stability and high concentration properties that help ensure full absorption of its derivatives into the skin. The gel absorbs quickly without leaving behind a sticky or greasy residue. Other vital extracts contained in the moisturizer are as follows:

• Alpinia Seed Extract – A ginger extract that helps brighten and even out skin tone
• Cornus Officinalis (Japanese Cornel) Fruit Extract – Deeply Hydrates and Soothes Skin
• Lemon Extract – Helps hydrates skin for a significantly soft, smooth and supple skin
• Citrus – Adds fragrance to the moisturizer

The Melano CC Brightening Gel also comes with the range of Melano CC Enzyme Face Wash, Melano CC Vit. C Brightening Lotion and Melano CC Vit. C Brightening Essence.

Product: Melano CC Vitamin C Brightening Gel
Price: RM70
Ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, PPG-17-Buteth-17, Polyquaternium-51, Potassium Hydroxide, Carbomer, Dimethicone, PPG-24-Glyceryl Stearate-24, Diethoxyethyl Succinate, Polyacrylamide, Phenoxyethanol, Glyceryl Stearate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, PEG-20 Sorbitan Isostearate, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Behenyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Laureth-7, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Ascorbic Acid, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Cornus Officinalis Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Alpinia Katsumadai Seed Extract.


My Thoughts
When I first heard about the Melano CC range I was eager to try. Its main ingredient is a combination of Vitamin C and E which creates a super ingredient combined. We are already aware of the benefits of Vitamin C and E alone on the skin, but when combined it is more effective in preventing photodamage than either vitamin alone which both work by negating free radical damage, but each combats different types of UV damage. It's like giving your skin double the antioxidant ammunition. Sounds great right? 

When I received this brightening gel I was very eager to try, especially it coming from Mentholatum, I didn't have much doubt in it even though it was my first time trying out a Melano product. Looking into the ingredients, it contains more emollients than vital extracts which are Alpinia Seed Extract, Cornus Officinalis Fruit Extract, and Lemon Extract. 

What I love about this is its lightweight gel texture, definitely very pleasing to when applied as it absorbs very easily into the skin. I didn't seem to experience any irritation during application which I thought this should be good.

But after a few tries, I noticed my skin started to react with redness and pimples popping up which I thought was because my hormones so I gave my skin a break from using this and started to use it again when my skin wasn't showing any negative reactions. Turns out the same thing happened which made me stop using it as I think there is probably an ingredient I'm not suitable with.
I read other reviews on this gel stating that it's working wonders for them. That's the magic of skincare, some may be suitable and some may not.


Till then peeps!


0 comments