REVIEW: LANEIGE WATER SLEEPING MASK SET


Laneige Water Sleeping Mask


Laneige's Water Sleeping Mask has been a favourite of many skincare addicts for years, which includes me. I have reviewed this years ago which you could read here: REVIEW: LANEIGE​ WATER SLEEPING MASK. Throughout the years, Laneige has added a few other sleeping masks to choose from which have the same purpose but have different ingredients and properties. I have tried 3 of their sleeping masks which are their Water Sleeping Mask, Water Sleeping Mask in Lavender, and also Time Freeze Sleeping Mask. I bought these in a set of 3 mini bottles so I could use and make a comparison which is the best for me. Read below to know more about these.



Sleeping Masks are just the best and I'm sure that most of you skincare geeks have at least tried one of Laniege's Sleeping Masks as they have quite a range to offer. I've heard they added a few more ranges which I haven't tried yet, but these 3 are among the popular ones in the market. I've actually used Laneige's Original Water Sleeping Mask over the years and I still love it until today. 

Anyhow, I still want to try the other types Laniege has to offer but worried I might not like them and you all know one tub ain't cheap. So when my husband went to Korea, he came across this holiday set which I said, ok perfect! I get to try all 3 at the same time. But before I let him buy one, I checked the price and compared it with Malaysia's price, and guess what?! @altheakorea offered a CHEAPER price. Yasss... so I told my husband no need to get me this. I can get myself and its still all the way from Korea. 😉

Its been months now and I've already used up all 3 of these Sleeping Masks and yet I can't choose a favourite. I love them all. I started using the Time Freeze Sleeping Mask first and noticed my skin firmer, of course, I had to pair it with its roller but I'll get into that on another post.

Then I tried their Lavender Sleeping Mask, which is more focused on repairing. Been using this the whole month last month while I was in the midst of treating my acne concerns. Thank goodness it helped as well, as waking up I'll have a plump face with less acne. 



Here's a summary on the difference of all 3 masks:

1. Laneige Water Sleeping Mask


Price: RM120 (70ml)

Main Benefits

Skin purifying effect
SLEEP-TOX technology purifies skin during sleep, keeping it in optimum condition SLEEP-TOX technology’s purifying effects help to rejuvenate and normalize skin that is often fatigued and sensitized by stress during the day. This helps the skin to achieve a well-rested appearance the next morning.

Skin moisturizing
MOISTURE WRAP helps skin retain moisture throughout the night. The dense beta-glucan moisturizing shield (network) consists of active agents such as Hydro Ion Mineral Water, evening primrose root extract, Hunza apricot extracts, and more so that skin fully absorbs the goodness during 8 hours of sleep.

Skin-soothing
It contains skin-soothing agents that are gentle on sleeping skin, helping it recover overnight. Ultra-mild, safe formula that can be worn overnight / Non-comedogenic, sensitivity tested.

Aromatic SLEEPSCENT
SLEEPSCENT specially developed for Laneige Water Sleeping Mask is an AMOREPACIFIC original, allowing the skin to relax and rest and boosting its ability to regenerate.

Ingredients

Water, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Root Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Beta-Glucan, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Chloride, Potassium Alginate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Stearyl Behenate, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, HYDROXYPROPYL BISPALMITAMIDE MEA, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Alcohol, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, CI 42090

My Thoughts

It's light gel texture and the instantly relaxing scent once opened makes you can't have enough of this sleeping mask. You'll probably want to wear it every night. I've repurchased this countless times and from all the sleeping masks that I've tried, this one is still the one I turn to every time I feel like going back to basics. This is the first sleeping mask I've tried to which I can remember, and since then I've been hooked to sleeping masks to sleep as I wake up to great lively skin. From the purposes of this sleep mask stated, I could say it works as it claims. The skin feels great every time waking up from using it giving a very great supple and moisturized skin. There was never once I woke up feeling disappointed with this. While applying, the scent is instantly calming and the texture is thick but light. It's not sticky but one applied to the face, let it dry out a bit before laying down as it tends to be a bit sticky before it dries. The sleep scent is something truly amazing. I have never yet found a sleeping mask that could beat SLEEPSCENT from Laneige. It really helps in calming and giving a better sleep at night. Waking up with this water sleeping mask on is a truly amazing feeling.


2. Laneige Water Sleeping Mask Lavender

Price: RM120 (70ml)

Main Benefits

Purifies and revitalizes skin
LANEIGE’s innovative Sleep-tox™ technology purifies and revitalizes tired skin during sleep.

Moisturizing moisture film during nighttime
LANEIGE Moisture Wrap technology keeps skin moisturized during sleep and increases the absorption of active substances into the skin.

Smoothens and soothes skin
The light gel-type formula gently soothes rough, tired skin and smoothens skin texture.
*Non-comedogenic tests completed, sensitivity panel tests conducted

Comforting, relaxing fragrance
Sleepscent developed exclusively for LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask provides pleasant, comforting, relaxing effects.

Ingredients

Water, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Root Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Beta-glucan, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Calcium Chloride, Potassium Alginate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Polysorbate 20, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Propanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Stearyl Behenate, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitamide Mea, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Alcohol, 1,2-hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

My Thoughts

It's the same thing as the Water Sleeping Mask, just that it's in Lavender scent. The ingredients are the same too so I guess the only change the did was the fragrance and packaging. The texture to me is the same but I've heard some say it's slightly different but to me, it's the same. It works as good as the original blue one which makes it hard to decide which one I like better. So then I just used either one depending on what type of scent I wanted for that night since both provide a calming scent for me.




3. Laneige Time Freeze Firming Sleeping Mask

Price: RM150 (60ml)

Main Benefits

Sleep-Tight
Upgraded from shape-memory content to net-structured shape-memory content. The technology fills sagging skin with elasticity factors with the combination of shape-memory polymer and natural high molecules and firms up for long hours filled-up skin whose elasticity may become poor due to lack of sleep.

Dynamic Collagen_EX
Laneige Time Freeze-Centered Technology to take care of 5 signs of aging (dryness, skin texture, fine wrinkles, pore elasticity, skin tone) Uses the anti-aging elasticity technology of the Time Freeze Line.
Dynamic Collagen_EX  technology provides firming elasticity and face-fit effect.

Ingredients

WATER, PROPANEDIOL, AVENA SATIVA (OAT) KERNEL EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, SQUALANE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, CERATONIA SILIQUA (CAROB) FRUIT EXTRACT, HIBISCUS ABELMOSCHUSSEED EXTRACT, TILLANDSIA USNEOIDES EXTRACT, ADENOSINE, HYDROGENATEDLECITHIN, C12-16 ALCOHOLS, LYCERYL CAPRYLATE, DEXTRIN, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, DIPALMITOYL HYDROXYPROLINE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, XANTHAN GUM, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA)EXTRACT, PALMITIC ACID, POLYSORBATE 20, PVP, PEG-240/HDI COPOLYMERBIS-DECYLTETRADECETH-20 ETHER, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL, FRAGRANCE

My Thoughts

This sleeping mask is supposed to be used with Laneige's Face Fit Roller which I happen to have also. I made sure I bought the roller too when I purchased this as I wanted to see if it say as it claims, but I didn't see much difference so I kinda didn't do it consistently, which made my review for the Face Fit Roller to be putten aside since I wasn't using it properly. I kinda feel that the roller is just overpriced for now, but let's see how my thought changes after I properly use it later. Anyhow, the Time Freeze Firming Sleeping Mask is totally different from the Water Sleeping Masks. In fact, it's a different range but still one of Laniege's sleeping masks. This sleeping mask texture is thicker and creamier compared to the other two. It's supposed to be applied after using the Face Fit Roller which is promoted together as a combo. The sleeping make focuses more on helping to firm skin elasticity back which to help result in a V-Shape chin. Honestly, this mask is my least favourite out of the three but I still do like using it. Its scent is not as powerful as the other two because it doesn't seem to have Laneige's Sleepscent. However, I still don't dislike this mask and used it up until emptied. It's just that I don't seem to have the urge to repurchase it again.

Overall, Laneige's Water Sleeping Masks are like classic to me since it's the very first one I've tried and I still like it until today. If you're looking into trying Sleeping Masks for the first time, Laneige's Sleeping Masks are highly recommended. Nowadays you can get so many more types, like Cica Sleeping Mask. I've tried that too but I'll do a separate post on that.

Till then peeps!

0 comments