8 Reasons Why Every Parents Should Get A Parklon Playmat


Parklon Play Mat Review

I bet most of you parents have already heard of Parklon's Baby Playmat from Coby Haus Malaysia and probably most of you have it in your wishlist already. The real question is either it's worth it with such a price tag, as you can also get a nice quality fluffy carpet with the price. With such a price tag, it's reasonable to have looked for a more affordable option as most of us have a mindset that our babies are not gonna use it for that long, I was like that too until I actually owned one of Parklons Playmat. Now, after almost a year of using it, I could say that it's worth every penny so keep on reading to know why it's worth the investment from my point of view.


Parklon's Playmat is originated from Korea which is somehow popular here for a reason. These playmats are available at most major retail outlets and could get them easily at Baby Fairs tooTheir main distributor here in Malaysia is Coby Haus. You may have heard a lot about the brand, but did you know they have various playmats options you could choose from and the one I'm talking about is their Pure PVC Soft Mat. So below are the reasons why I think every parent should own at least one:

This Post Was Updated on October 2020

Reasons Why Parents Should Own A Parklon Playmat


1. Safety Features

The first reason why you should get any Baby Playmat is because of the baby's safety. During the development process especially during the times when your baby starts to learn how to stand up, sit down and walk. These times they tend to fall down a lot and if you are not alert or careful, it could cause serious injury to your baby.

This is why it's the most important feature of why each parent should own a baby playmat. Our kids need a certain space where they could sit and play instead of sitting on the cold floor. Parklon's Soft Mat are all tested for their safety and certified too which makes it safe to be used for newborns too. 

And I highly approve on this too as my son has stumbled down so many times which could have caused serious injury to the head but since I've been spending most of my time on the mat, he tends to play on the mat as well. I also have one in my bedroom which I place just beside my bed. Why? Because there were countless of times my son fell from the bed from sleeping and also from jumping. Not even once did he cry after falling off.




2. Various Designs To Match Your Home

You'll be totally captured with the designs they offer. Not only are they suitable for your baby but it could also blend into your home decor as well. They also have a lot of grey and white options which is great for those who have a modern home interior. I myself prefer these kinds of designs as it looks simple and neat.

Until now, I feel like Parklon Mats have the best designs for both baby and parents use. It's just so easy to change the mood of a room with just a flip. That's why I'm saying that this is worth the investmement. Once your baby has outgrown the cartoon designs, you could flip it to a more modern design. That what I do and of course the one in our bedroom I chose to use the modern design and it matches well with our room decoration as well.

3. Dual-sided For Different Concepts

I have already mentioned this above but I'll want to highlight it again. Having this is just a great advantage, think of it as getting two mats for the price of one. Why? When you get bored of one side of the design, just flip it over and you'll get a feel that you bought a new mat. I've been doing that every 3 months now. LOL... Well for my toddlers playroom specifically, I prefer the one in my bedroom to stay as it is. In fact I feel like getting a new one since their new designs are just so tempting. They have been keeping to basic grey colours with mininal designs and I'm sure that a lot of you prefer these kinds of designs too.

4. Waterproof

This feature saves you from the urgency to become a 'Hulk' when your baby spills something. Spills are always a problem with carpets, but not this mat. I had all sorts of spills on my mat and its no problem to me. I let my son eat on this mat too. It's just always wipes ready. And the best part is that it doesn't leave stains even if you don't clean it throughly, like having to scrub it hard. Nope, that's not the case for this mat. Just a few seconds wiping and you get a clean mat. It dries up fast too!

5. Easy Cleaning

Yes, I've mentioned this already but easy cleaning is definately a highlight. That's the best thing about it, I can just use a simple microfiber towel and a spray to clean this mat. It's just so easy to clean, including food stains too. Not only does my son eat on this mat, but the whole family also does. We are still the 'Kampung' style people. LOL... We prefer eating on the floor even though we do have a dinning table. 

6. Parklon Uses Good Quality Material

I could say this as I've been using this for about a year and it's still in perfect condition. This mats PVC is 1.2cm thick and very dense. So when you step on it, you can't actually feel the floor. Maliq learned to walk on this mat, which he had a lot of falls but it's okay as the mat protects from hard falls. 

7. Can Function As A Mattress

Honestly, I can't count how many times my son had fell asleep on this mat while playing. It's softness it just nice to take a nap. Even us parents also plead guilty on taking naps on this mat (my husband especially). There are times when our extended family comes and visit our house and we don't have enough matresses, this mat is sufficient enough to sleep the night. Even my husband does that sometimes because he fell asleep while playing games at night. 

8. Selections of Different Types

There are various kinds of types of the Parklon Play Mat you could choose from. List below:
For this post, I'm mostly referring to their Pure Soft Mat which is their bestseller. I have 2 of these Pure Soft Mat and 1 PE Design Mat. According to your needs, you can choose which suits best for you.








Since we've got this Parklon Mat, it's now the favourite spot for our little family. I remember my husband and I were debating ages ago why he wanted to get a carpet but I wanted a Parklon instead. His reason➡️ Looks proper and best to lay down n chill My reasonS ➡️ 🔹️It'll also be a playmat for our son 🔹️It's waterproof so no worry for spills 🔹️We got no vacum, hence still easy to clean without it 🔹️Easy to wipe of dust too 🔹️Simple and nice dual designs back & front 🔹️and the list goes on... So the debate went on for so long that in the end we both just left the hall empty until a Parklon made way into our home. I welcomed it with most joy while my husband looked like he lost a battle. 😅 He just played like he wasn't interested but slowly the Parklon kinda lured him on it. 😂 It started because of my son, since he's mostly on it playing, my husband sits down and play with him too. But after a while, it gets cozy and he starts to lay down. With its soft and cooling texture, I bet he couldn't resist the comfort that he can't even feel the hardness of the floor. Then comes the pillows accompanied by the Telly which is just in front. He says that he's playing with our son but after a while, I see him all comfy and ASLEEP! LOL... Guys and their ego, I think he didn't know what a Parklon was before and imagined it was those thin rubber mats. Now we spend most of our time on this mat, we have our meals there, spend quality time there and have naps there sometimes too! So guys, if your wife has a long list of reasons why she needs something, just cut the debate and give it to her okay. She knows you'll love it even though you don't know it yet. 😝 . P/S: Thanks @cobyhaus_malaysia for the Parklon 💕 . #Parklon #ParklonPlayMat #CobyHausPlayMat #CobyHausParklon . . #MaliqSays
A post shared by Mira Cikcit | MY Blogger (@miracikcit) on


Which Type Of Parklon Mat Is The Best?

I would say the Pure Soft Mat. If compared to the other mats Parklon offers, this is the best for my preferences. The Pure Soft Mat thickness just nice compared to it's Bubble Mat which is 2x thicker. The Bubble Mat should be great for new babies but I don't find it useful in the long run since it's too thick for me. It should be good to be placed in a room instead of the living room.

While for it's PE Design Mat it uses PE Foam instead of PVC like it's other mats which makes the mat really light and tends to be slippery too. I know it's the cheapest option for having a Parklon Mat, but to me, better save up a bit more and get its bestseller. The Pure Soft Mat is heavy and it sticks to it's place and it has been designed with 23 years of technology from Parklon. So you won't regret it. Trust me.

And don't be afraid on it's prices because Coby Haus usually does a lot of sales throughout the year and they are very active doing it on Facebook Live too with their host Coby Daddy. Go an watch sometimes because some of their sharings are very interesting.

What Not To Do With The Parklon Mat


1. Expose It To Direct Sunlight

If your thinking cleaning the Parklon Mat like a carpet, STOP! DON'T EVER DO THAT. The Parklon Mat should not be exposed to direct sun as the heat could cause the mat to expand and it'll instantly ruin the mat. As I mentioned above, cleaning the Parklon Mat is made easy, either you wipe it or mop it, just let it air dried at it's original place. How about the germs and bacteria? Hallo... This is 2020 already, just get a UV Vacuum. I have one but I haven't managed to post about it yet. I'll share more info soon.

2. Put Hot Stuff On The Mat

Be careful not to put any hot stuff on the mat too. Like I mentioned, you can eat on the mat without having to worry about spills, so let's say you cook maggi in a pot and usually if we eat maggi we want to eat it quick especially if you're eating alone so we tend just to eat it in the pot right? Don't ever put that hot pot directly on the mat. 

3. Keep Away From Sharp Obejcts

Sharp objects could cause a hole to the mat which will also cause a hole to your heart as well. Well I did. I noticed that there was a small hole in my mat which I suspect my husband's doing unintentinally. 




Now I have three of Parklon's Playmat at home, one in the living room and one at my son's play area upstairs and another one in our living room. We chose to use Parklon playmats instead of carpets as we feel it's much easier to clean and safer for our son playing around. Our home collects dust very easily as there's a construction in front, so with this mat, all I have to do is clean the mat every day so it should be dust-free. Besides that, the whole family tends to love laying down on the mat. It's soft and we don't feel the hard floor, making it comfortable for short naps or even long ones. Eheeemmm... my husband sometimes could past out on it, having the time of his life sleeping there. LOL...



We intend to get the larger size mat once we have the money for it as our household seems comfortable with this kind of mat already. But I feel like Coby Haus do not sell the large Parklon Mats anymore. We've tried cheaper types of playmats but it couldn't beat this one. Even on hot days, laying down on this is cooling too, even my son could fall asleep on the mat itself after getting tired playing around. Somehow we find the mat to be more hygienic compared to carpets as the surface of the mat enables us to clean it better. 


After 2 Years Using The Parklon Mat

My thoughts remain the same with this mat. It still functions as its best and still looks great too even with using it daily. I remember my husband didn't agree of me buying this mat before because of the price. I had to explain all the reasons why I thought I needed this mat with this kind of price tag. I did not succed. Luckily for me, I won 2018 Top Ibuencer Award which one of the prizes I won was this Parklon Mat. I almost cried!! LOL... You can check out the video I posted.

Anyhow, when I first got it and screamed with joy, my husband didn't get it why I was so happy about getting this mat. He just saw it as a normal baby mat until he found the true goodness of the mat for him. Which was TAKING NAPS! HAHA... I'm not bluffing, he also commented afterwards that he had a good nap. Since then I kept teasing him because he never listens to me.

Now if I ask him I feel like getting another mat, he'll never say no. He even said he feels like getting the larger mat as he could already see the functions of why this mat is a good investment. He even now promotes it to his friends as well. LOL...

I'm not hard selling this mat as I don't get any commisions whatsoever. I just love this mat and I feel like it's worth sharing.

More Info:
Facebook: facebook.com/CobyHausParklon
Instagram: instagram.com/cobyhaus_malaysia
Website: www.cobyhaus.com

Here are some other interesting products from Coby Haus



Till then peeps!

14 comments

  1. Masa Harraz kecil dulu TB pun mencari gak playmat yang sesuai.. tak jumpa yang ni.. nampak menarik corak dia..ketahanan dia pun boleh tahan yea.. yang penting hygenic.. selamat untuk baby guling2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sangat bagus. Corak daripada negara Korea memang tak mengecewakan. Sama macam kain viscose pulak. Tapi, bila saya cuba besarkan gambar nak tengok harga mat ni, adoii! Mahal yang amat. Awak siap ada dua ya. Kena menabung dulu la baru dapat ni. Saya pun ada baby. Boleh dipertimbangkan. Terima kasih sebab share. Satu ilmu baru

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cantik nya semua design. Airah punya baby pun dah nak pandai menerap merangkak semua so memang perlukan mat macam ni. Should buy one soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pelbagai warna dan corak buat para ibu bapa rambang mata , lebih cantik baby turun sama sukakan..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite good. Senang baby nak explore merangkak sbb lantai keras kesian kat baby. At least ngn matt ni selesa la dia nak main2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Playmart ni orang dewas juga boleh baring atasnya lembut jer dan selamat hehehehe tapi tengok anak mira happy jer main ayahnya pun suka bukan main lagi wakakakaka...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Menarik perkongsian ini, hari tu kawan pun ada tanya mana nak beli playmat ni, nanti nak sharring dengan kawanlah pasal ni! thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. comelnya... cute2 design, ala2 korea and baby pun mesti suka kan.. hailaa kalau dah ada anak sendiri saya pun beli juga playmat macam ni

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think all parents should have this at home for their babies. It looks comfy and safe for the kids. Plus, it is very colorful n i am pretty sure the kids gonna love em.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Parklon too, in fact I have two set at home, one in the living room and one in my bedroom, it's so easy to clean and fashionable at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. To me, it is worth every penny because not only it has beautiful designs, it is also practical for everyone for a long time too. Good one for standing up for Parklon hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad that you shared this. A lot of parents will surely appreciate it as this playmat is suitable for toddlers and babies a like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hurmm...maybe I can get this for my baby niece. I think my sis have been using a lower quality one for now. My baby niece really loves to walk and she is only 7months old. Hahaaha and since you said they have minimalist designs too, I think it would perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. nampak menarik..boleh la hadiahkan pada anak buah AM yang bakal melahirkan anak hujung bulan ini.. bagus bila bab waterproof.. design pun menarik

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, message me on Facebook for quick responses.