Althea's Exclusive Makeup Range



Hey peeps, if you've been following me on Instagram you'll know that I've been really active with makeup recently. Yuppp, I think I'm back to my old self as I was before I got pregnant. LOL... Sorry I haven't been sharing much on the blog. Anyways, recently I received a special box from Althea Korea filled with their newly launched exclusives which I've been waiting for them to release. Non-other than MAKEUP. Woots...Finally! I got so excited since I've been with Althea since their beginning, even worked there... LOL... And now they have their own makeup line. I'm just stunned, seemed so fast too. So without further ado, if you wanna know the treats in the box, keep on reading.



They included such a generous number of products which I'll be describing in detail below, but before that, check out my 1-minute video on my first imp[ression makeup look video using their products, so you get a better idea of the texture and pigmentation on their makeup line. Actually, I'm supposed to do a makeup tutorial but I don't think I ought to be doing tutorials yet but you guys should have an idea of what looks you should do. I'll be doing a short review for each product since these are still new, I bet most of you are curious.


Eye Palette Sunrise & Moonrise BCL 
(RM140.00) 

This eye palette consists of 12 gorgeous color with mixtures of matte and glitters. With pink and brown tones includes in one palette, it sure is perfect for the sun and the moon. There's like a look for everyone too. This palette is in conjunction with Bunga Citra Lestari, an Indonesian artist which I bet most of you have heard already if you're residing nearby our continents. Althea also has recently collaborated with her for a Body Mist too. Before I go into the product, I'll like to mention about the packaging. Since it's a collaboration between BCL, I understand the packaging should have a touch of her taste too, so it's pretty cool with the black and purple highlight.

But, what I was imagining for Althea's palette was a pink simple box with details of their signature box like what they did with their Petal Velvet Powder.


While for the colors inside, yes the colors are beautiful but I'm a bit disappointed with the pigmentation though. It's really pigmented when swatched with fingers but it doesn't catch much with a brush, neither does it look bright on the eyes unless with the use of primers first. Anyhow, the colors are stunning, I can't wait to do a few more looks with this palette again too. Yet again, I truly wish that Althea comes out with their own signature palette, instead of a big bulky palette, go for a small 6 color palette with different ranges. I seriously hope they come out with a more 'ALTHEA' look next time.


Skin Relief Spot Film Gel 
(RM19.00) 

After I posted my video, I received quite a number of people asking what this is. This Skin Relief Spot Film Gel is actually to cover up your acne or spots so that once you wear makeup, it creates a smooth texture to the skin like you have no flaws at all. Of course. you'll need to cover it with a good coverage foundation.

The Film Gel is used before makeup and to leave it to dry for about 5 minutes and it'll thin out. While waiting for it to dry, you can probably do the eyes first before applying anything else on your face. You'll notice a big difference once you have your makeup on that your skin looks way smoother than before. And when you clean your makeup, you'll notice the gel peeling off as well. The gel acts as a protective layer actually.


Recently I've been having really bad acne hormones, you know those big ones and it's super painful too. So I used this to relieve the pain and it really works! No kidding, I was totally surprised that it worked really good that I'm using this a lot now. I also happen to see my pimples shrinking a bit too.


Flawless Creamy Concealer
(Vanilla, Ginger, Honey, Mocha) RM15.00 each

I did a 1-minute impression video on these concealers when they first launched and now these concealers are just my favorite. Thank goodness Althea came out with colors a bit darker compared to other Korean brands because Honey suits me so well. The other colors are good for highlighting and contouring as well, but I love using concealers to cover up my expensive eye-bags and unwanted spots. These concealers give the coverage you need and it's blendable with small spots. If you're using this as a replacement for a foundation, the wrong move, it's pretty hard to blend with so much on the face as it dries rather quickly.


Spotlight Eye Glitter
(Gold Light, Pink Light) RM24.00 each 

I've always wanted to try out these kinds of Eye Glitters. I haven't yet to own any of this kind because I don't use glitters much but when I got these glitters, I feel like I wanna start collecting glitters too now. Althea's Spotlight Glitter comes in 2 colors, Gold Light and Pink Light. I didn't see much use of them for me but when I tried it on, it really does enhance and highlights the eyes, making the eyes look big too. Of course, my first application was awkward as I don't have much experience with this kind of makeup, but I could already imagine other looks I could do with these glitters. The best thing is that it isn't that expensive too.


Watercolour Cream Tint
(Plum Cream, Strawberry Cream, Peach Cream, Maroon Cream) RM20 each 

These lippies are exactly what I had in mind for Althea's Lip Range, except for the black packaging though but I still love that they maintained their signature box lines. It looks stunning as their products too. They have colors for their first range which are Plum Cream, Strawberry Cream, Peach Cream, and also Maroon Cream but honestly, I feel like all the colors are a bit alike to each other when worn. My first reaction to these lippies is that they smell so nice and fruity, which makes me want to just eat it. Application is very easy as its texture is creamy, so it glides easily and the pigmentations are impressive, with just 1 swipe you get a full-color application. When it dries it does give a bit of moisture to the lips but of course, you could expect these lippies to transfer easily, so if you keep on eating and drinking throughout the day, reapplications are a must.


Overall, I'm just really happy for Althea, it's like I'm seeing them grow into a huge beauty brand now. They have launched various kinds of products in a short period of time but hey I'm not complaining since a few of them really stand out. My favorites should be their Petal Velvet Powder and Petal Velvet Sunaway. From their newest launch, their Skin Relief Spot Film Gel has truly made it into my heart, it works like a charm. While for their makeup launches, I'm just impressed but I do see they could improve better especially with the eye palette. I hope they really do come out with a more 'Althean' palette next time. I bet, Santa Althea is already planning more different products to launch and I can't wait to see what turns up next. Highlighters, contours, or maybe fake lashes or even its glue, I'll love that! I could see myself hoarding Althea products in the future. LOL... Anyways, these are just my thoughts, some might find it different from mine so it really depends on yourself. Why not try it yourself, Althea is currently having a promotion for their exclusives, it's just the best time to get them.


1 comment

  1. Nampak mudah je Mira makeup dengan Althea Makeup range ni. eye pallette tu combined warna mattes, shimmers and glitters apepun cantik kan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, message me on Facebook for quick responses.