21 August 2014

Review : OPPO Find 5 Mini Smartphone


PRODUCT INFORMATION

Name: OPPO Find 5 Mini Smartphone
Retail Price: RM999


SPECIFICATION

GeneralPlatformAndroid 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean)
ProcessorQuad-core 1.3 GHz
Cipset-
GPU-
Date Announced2014
PriceLatest Oppo Price in Malaysia
CoverageGSM NetworkGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
UMTS NetworkHSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100
LTE Network-
Version/SIMSingle SIM Version
Dual SIM Version
DesignTypeSmartphone
DesignCandybar
Dimensions137 x 68 x 7.75 mm
Weight128 g
QWERTY-
Others-
DisplayTechnologyIPS LCD, 16M colors
Resolution960 x 540 pixels
Size4.7 inches
TouchscreenCapacitive Touchscreen, Multitouch
Protection-
Others-
Multimedia3.5mm Audio JackYes
RadioYes
Music PlayerYes
Sound FormatMP3/WMA/WAV/eAAC+/FlAC
Video FormatDivX/XviD/MP4/WMV/H.263/H.264
StreamingYes
TV Tunner-
EditorAudio/video/Document
Others-
MemoryBuilt-in Storage4 GB
Card SlotmicroSD, up to 32 GB
System Memory1 GB RAM
ConnectivityGPRSYes
EDGEYes
Data SpeedHSDPA
WIFIYes
NFC-
USBYes
BluetoothYes
Infrared-
TV-Out-
CameraCamera8 Megapixel
Resolution3264 x 2448 pixels
FlashLED Flash
FocusAutofocus
FeaturesGeo-tagging
VideoYes
Front CameraYes
FeaturesBatteryLi-Ion 2000 mAh
ColorsWhite, Black
GPSA-GPS
SensorsAccelerometer, proximity
ApplicationsOrganizer, Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk
Others-

Info taken from this website


Hello and assalamualaikum dear beloved readers.
So how was you raya? Duit mesti dah berkepuk-kepuk kan? Atau dah terbang?
LOL, well definately mine dah tak nampak bayang, cause I just got about RM50 total for this year.
Aaaaa... Growing old just sucks don't you think?
Anyways back to the topic here

OPPO Find 5 Mini Smartphone

Since I have listed down all the important information about the phone above, so you guys could have guessed that my review will be totally of my experience and personal thought about the phone.
Besides, everything above is copy paste I admit, but I have linked it to its original website.
I have no clue about specifications actually, need to learn more about it.

For those who are interested about the phone only please skip the paragraphs below and staright to the paragraph below the next picture

Before I proceed with my review I wanna share with you guys how I got the phone in the first place.
Well most of you know that I'm a Nuffang and ChurpChurp blogger, so for my 2nd Cashout from them I was determined to finally get myself an iPhone. But still the amount wasn't enough to even get an iphone 5 so I held the cheque back and waited until I could get enough money to at least by and iPhone 5. Then after a few months I collected enough money but somehow I needed money in other priorities so I said, its okay, I could save up money again.
Sadly, my phone broke after that and it was definately hard for me to call people since my Note 10.1 Tab has only loudspeaker for calls and of course the Tab is massive. I survived about 2 weeks without a phone but it made my life more difficult since I was in my final weeks and I had tons of group works to complete.
So I decided to just buy a phone, not an iphone of course. But still I wanted one that was worth it that had all the features that I wanted especially the camera, since camera's are so important to a blogger right? At first I decided to get myself a sony phone, my budget was of course under RM1000. The rest of the money I've earned I put it under other priorities.
So as I was surveying for Sony phones I asked the salesperson to recommed the best phone sony has with a great camera price just suiting my budget. At first he recommended Sony L or M, I can't remember but its purple. Then he asked me again, apa yang paling penting u cari? So I said the camera. And he recomended me OPPO.
At first I was doubting it cause OPPO is really new here in Malaysia and I don't know if its worthy to buy or not, would it last long, would it cause problems later? Gosh..
I had so many thoughts in my head cause I'm not the type that easily gets these kinds of things, all of my previous phones I have are because I worked hard to earn them and that's why I'm fussy. 
But the salesman's marketing was awesome, he new the exact words what to say and in the end of course la cairrrrr... Okay I'll try I said cause the phone itself seems so cool.


Okay, the retail price is RM999
But I'm surely sure I bought this phone below RM900 including with its casing and screen protector.
Mybe the price went down cause the Find 5 mini is one of their later phones, but what I know that OPPO price are fixed exactly like iPhone.
Anyways as you can see this phone is a Dual Sim phone. Believe it or not I didn't know that it was even a dual sim until I got home. Its micro sim of course so I had to sacrifice and cut my simcard.
The slot at the middle if for the memory card which was not included. Somehow I felt cheated.

Anyways what's so special about this phone?

As you can see its just like any other phone, like Samsung, Lenovo and other android running phones


They have a slight difference in its appearance where they have a lot more options to choose from.


For their control panel, they have all of it completed which really makes it easy, like the end all button which quits all the apps running and the wi fi hotspot button.

And the gesture panel is just the best. Like you can see above, if I draw a circle it will open up the camera and this function even works when my phone is in locked mode. Just draw a circle with my finger on that blackout screen and the camera pops out. It is really useful when we want to snap a quick picture. Totally useful.
Besides that, we could add our own custom gestures like drawing a heart or a smiley face according to you which you can set to either call a person or open up any other app. Its a great shortcut.


One of the biggest cons about this phone is that it has a really small default storage on the phone. So I didn't manage to install a lot of apps but luckily for me I don't prefer to many apps on my phone. I just install what I use regularly only. So if you are a heavy gamer I don't think this phone suits you well.


Another thing which I don't quite like is its keyboard. They use swype for OPPO which detects words by simply swiping your finger to the words. It may be a great for those overseas that use completly everything english, but if your other than that, you'll have a hard time typing at first before you get used to it. Of course la, kita Malaysian's kalau menaip defat phone keluar pelbagai jenis bahasa dengan short form. But still you guys can try resetting until it suites best to you.

I don't know about you but I definately don't like people messing through my phone. Here comes a great feature for those like me. They have a guest mode where you can set for your friends if they want to see your phone. The password for your phone will be different from the password for your guest. Both passwords will be able to open the phone, but the difference is, the guest mode will hide all the apps you have setter to hide. For me I hid my BBM and also whatsapp, no matter how your friends search your phone for the app your hiding, they won't find it. Great right? The phone has become a privacy item again.


Another great feature is the Data Monitor. I simply love this cause it shows how much data I have used and how much left. It also gives notifications if there are unusual activity which might be caused if we accidentally pressed the data button which I might say all of us has that experience right?


And this is simply awesome, my mp3 has become much fun.

SO
Below is the main reason why I bought this camera in the first place.
Yess! THE CAMERA
The camera comes with many functions like beautify, HDR and much more and the back camera is just stunning even though its only 8mp.


Shot with the back camera unfiltered


Shot with the back camera filtered

And for the front camera its 2MP and I don't like it very much.
Cause it creates a kind of blackish picture which I don't find beautiful
So I rarely use the front camera for selfies, I just use the back camera.


Shot with the front camera unfiltered.

Anyways, I have been using this phone for 3 months already and honestly its still good as new, no hangs or problems. And I find the size to be just perfect to be put in the pocket, but it;s too thin and I don't seem to get a firm grip with it.

Overall to me the phone is just nice for me.

Sorry if the review is a bit messy, haven't done this kind of review for a while.
Till then peeps


1 comment:

  1. I am using this phone as well, the design makes me love it. Have you ever tried to put this phone display onto a TV? you are pretty anyway hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, if you wish for a urgent responce, please tweet @miracikcit.