10 March 2013

Nuffnang's Youth Credit Card Contest

Good Evening fellow blog readers. So have you heard that Nuffnang is having a contest right now that ends this 17th of March. What is this contest about? Its all about your creativity and ideas. So those who have skills in this are really fortunate, why? Cause their giving away a MACBOOK PRO yawwww.. with retina display! Fuhhhhh.. And and and... even 2 consolation prizes that is an Ipad MINI! Wohoaaa... Jumping up and down.

At first I saw this post from Nuffnang a lot of ideas came bursting in since I've been craving for a Macbook since last year, and plus this year I'm officially an Art and Design student this is gonna be beneficial for me since I'm gonna use it for my studies. So that's why I'm so excited joining this contest. Who knows I might be lucky this time. So wish me luck guys and here it goes.


So here is it, roughly without the final touch ups of a credit card, so let me explain to you briefly about the design first.

Well of course I followed the minimum dimension for the design that is 2,022px (width) x 1,275px (height). Since its rule number one.
Okay then, this design is done by Adobe Photoshop CS5 since I only know how to use that software. At first I drew out what I pictured the credit card to look like, but when I combined the vectors and colours it turned into something slightly different than what I expected.

Here are some points behind this design,

1. As you can see clearly there is a picture of a boy on a skateboard and a girl with shopping bags. This credit card is supposed to be comfortable to be used by boys and girls. Its unisex, not so boyish, not so girlish. The reason why the guy is on a skateboard is that it shows what most boys would do to spend their money on (sports), and its the same reason why I chose that vector of girls.

2. Then in the right side of the credit card you will be able to see a vector of Kuala Lumpur, it shows that this credit card is for Malaysians to spend. And this country is where the credit card is born. Make sure you look closely though.

3. The colour splashes. Why so colourful? Its actually the colour of our youths that have many different attitudes and personality. It differentiates them by showing colours and why splashes? Cause this credit card is for youths of Malaysia right? So these splashes resembles every youth having a taste with this credit card on things that define them.

4. The background colour, its soft blue with a touch of light pink and yellow?  Why? Same thing as point number one. Its supposed to be a unisex credit card.

Overall this design is supposed to make the owner look young and unique. Not many credit cards are colourful like this don't you think?

And that's all the points about the design, So lets see the completed design of the credit card then.


Tadaaaaaaa...

So here is the final design. Please don't copy my design please. I've been working on it one whole day. Anyways don't mind the cardholder name and bank name, I just wanted it to look real. Sorry Nuffnang I also created a fake bank for you. Its just that I wanted my credit card to look real. This is just an example what my Youth Credit Card would look like.

So what do you guys think? To crowded maybe, or its just sweet. ROTF.. 

Anyways, my Credit Cards name is the Youth Dr. Why? Guess.. Anyone?
Well the reason for this name is the purpose of this credit card is of course to spend right? And spending is a form of healing. And usually a person in charge to heal you is a doctor. That's why I call this credit card the Youth Dr. Get it? This card has the power to heal. Just a swipe and it will keep you smiling for the rest of the day.

As for example, when your sad what would you do? For me I'll go to a random restaurant and eat a lot, and this is when I use this credit card. Cause its so random and I won't be bringing a lot of cash around. HAHA.. My example sucks.

Ohh I know you guys are smart enough to get the picture. I don't know why it's so hard for me to elaborate since I got everything inside my head.

Sooo.. This is just one of my designs, I'm thinking of submitting a few more designs before the deadline and hope that Macbook Pro will be mine soon. Wish me luck guys!

Thanks!

p/s: Looking forward for your comments

...

12 comments:

  1. Nice! Good luck! :-)

    Also nice new layout/background

    ReplyDelete
  2. mira..nice design...mcm ad can nk menang je

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha.. Thanks Hana. Doa2 kanlah dapat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. perghh mantop ! budak art le katakan., aku harap kau menang ! XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha... Aku baru je masuk belajar wehh.. Hahaha.. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You Has, design awak lagi cantik

    ReplyDelete
  7. akhirnya, capai gak hajat ko nk menang gajet eh
    all the best
    cam boleh menang je nih
    aku suka design nih

    ReplyDelete
  8. Macam je boleh menang, belum tentu menang. Kau doakanlah weh. HAHA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, if you wish for a urgent responce, please tweet @miracikcit.